USA: Recycle My Windshield
Shark Glass Recycling North America (www.recyclemywindshield.com) was created to partner with leading companies to create an industrial scale solution that focuses on the lack of recycling of windshields and architectural glass in North America.
Prior to the establishment of this solution, the majority of laminated glass was disposed of in landfills and glass is not biodegradable. It is estimated that glass could take as long as a million years to decompose. And yet, it is one of the most resilient products produced. Glass can be recycled endlessly, thus lowering the need for additional natural materials to be consumed.
The North America marketplace poses challenges for the recycling of laminated glass, due to its unique properties, volume of product and the sometimes large geographic distances between cities.
We are proud to have achieved the following milestones so far:
- 2012 – Co-winner of SMC/World Trade 100 award for visionary logistics in sustainability.
- 2013 – One million windshields recycled.
- 2014 – Over one million windshields recycled.
- 2015 – Expanding partnership base with leading automotive, industrial, glass replacement and manufacturing companies.
We are looking to expand our customer and supplier base in the following areas:
- Automotive and architectural glass for recycling (post-consumer and post-industrial).
- Companies interested in using high quality glass cullet and glass powder as materials in the creation of new products.
- Automobile manufacturers, glass manufacturers, municipalities, transport companies, large vehicle fleets, and other related fields that want to make a difference and help keep the environment cleaner for future generations.
CONTACT US if you are interested in becoming part of this solution.
International Recognition of our Technology and Results
A world leader in carpet launches products with PVB dispersion from Shark Solutions.Watch video on youtube
World Trade 100 and SMC3 Announce the 2012 Alliance Award WinnersView press release
Shark Solutions to partner with US leading vehicle glass replacement company Safelite AutoGlassÂ®.
Open press release
Press release October 31, 2011
Cleantech company Shark Solutions A/S raises EUR 4 million.
View press release