Shark Glass Recycling North America, LLC.
Shark Glass Recycling North America, LLC. was created to partner with leading companies and create an industrial scale solution that focuses on the lack of recycling of windshields and architectural glass in North America.
Prior to the establishment of this solution, the majority of laminated glass was disposed of in landfills and glass is not biodegradable. It is estimated that glass could take as long as a million years to decompose. And yet, it is one of the most resilient products produced. Glass can be recycled endlessly, thus lowering the need for additional natural materials to be consumed.
There are many challenges facing the industry as a whole, especially the increased cost of landfills, more environmental regulation that require a cleaner and more friendly disposal of damaged materials, and most importantly an more and more companies and consumers focused on sustainability and keeping the world cleaner.
The number of vehicles is projected to double during the next 20 years, and so will the number of windshields needing to be cleaning recycled and transformed into new raw materials.
Leading companies partner with us to help keep the planet cleaner, reduce landfill waste and be a part of a solution that helps create new products using recycled content, reduced GHG emissions and minimize the depletion of natural raw materials.
We are proud to have achieved the following milestones so far:
- 2012 – Co-winner of SMC/World Trade 100 award for visionary logistics in sustainability.
- 2013 – One million windshields recycled.
- 2014 – Expanding partnership base with leading automotive, industrial, glass replacement and manufacturing companies.
- 2016 – Over Six Million windshields recycled.
We are looking to expand our customer and supplier base in the following areas:
- Automotive and architectural glass for recycling (post-consumer and post-industrial).
- Companies interested in using high quality glass cullet and glass powder as materials in the creation of new products.
- Automobile manufacturers, glass manufacturers, municipalities, transport companies, large vehicle fleets, and other related fields that want to make a difference and help keep the environment cleaner for future generations.
CONTACT US if you are interested in becoming part of this solution.